Monday, March 29, 2010

Intolerances....outgrown

Yes, it has been a very long time since I have posted. I admit to being un-inspired with the diet I have had to be on since Samuel was born 5-4-09. I had cut milk and soy out prior to his birth and by the time he was six weeks old was also off eggs, nuts, peanuts, wheat and corn. Thankfully, I added wheat and corn back in after only a couple weeks. But, the other items I stayed off of until just the last few weeks. I am now happy to report that I am only off milk! In truth, I haven't trialed that but am in no rush to do so. I'm just glad that my protein sources are now more than seeds, nutritional yeast, grains, and beans. You can imagine that got a little old. My plan is to start posting again now that I am actually able to cook from a more varied palate of foods. See you soon!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad to see you back! I have to admit, if I'd had to limit my diet during pregnancy and nursing like you have, I would have stopped at one. Then again, I DID stop at one.... You are much stronger than I!

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for your blog! I have an MSPI 9 month old, whom I stopped bfeeding at 5 months because she seemed to not tolerate wheat, corn, nor nuts, besides m and s. Whenever I had beans she became extremely gassy and being vegetarian all my life, I was scared to tap into that for protein sources. Long story short, she stopped thriving (My diet had gone down to fruits, squash and root veggies - with quinoa or eggs as protein). After much fear, I started solids at almost 7 months and she has not tolerated avocados, peaches nor bananas.
What protein did you give your mspi kids?

Vegemommy said...

Melissa, I wrote you a long email but couldn't get the address of your page to work. I'd love to talk to you about MSPI. Here's my email: he_johnson@windstream.net -Heidi

Sherrie said...

It is good to see you back! I'd love to gt caught up.

BTW, hubby is still raving about your suggestion of adding pecan meal to my veggie burgers and loaf.

Happy Fun Pants said...

Looks like you had a great week - and I'm here to wish you luck on your week to come! :)