Sunday, December 14, 2008

Veggie chicken tiki masala, couscous and bahba gahnoush




No recipes tonight because, to be quite honest, I just whipped these up without recipes. So, just some pictures and descriptors of our dinner tonight. And, yes, I realize that I am mixing foods from a variety of different ethnic backgrounds for this meal. First: Tiki masala with veggie chicken, green beans, onion, tomato, and carrot. Second: whole grain couscous. Last: bhaba ghanoush. My two year-old liked the bhaba ghanoush and picked the veggie chicken out of the tiki masala. Otherwise, not a very kid-friendly meal. I gave them something else in substitution after they had tried this food and decided it was a bit too "spicy." Actually, my four year-old's word for spicy is sour. We adults really enjoyed this meal. My parents came over and were very complimentary. One last thing. I have no idea how to properly spell babha ghanoush. If you know how, feel free to share!

No comments: