Monday, December 1, 2008

Sugar Cookie Party


The last day of November, we had a sugar cookie party. Just us and the girls. They helped me make the sugar cookie dough, roll it out, and cut out the shapes. Well, they helped some. They more enjoyed rolling the bits of dough I gave them into balls to put onto the cookie sheet. They had read about Laura Ingalls doing this with her mom and thought it was very neat. To be honest, the whole process was kind of a headache. The recipe made six dozen cookies, so there are a lot frozen to give to the neighbors closer to Christmas. After the cookies were baked and cooled, the girls decorated them with five different colors of frosting and some sprinkles. Here they are "naked" prior to being decorated.

2 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

I can relate to the "headache" part, and am guilty of not letting Brian help in the kitchen much because of my low mess tolerance and headache threshold. You're a good mommy for doing it!

Vegetation said...

I agree with the above comment! I have zero patience for mess in the kitchen and have a tendency to put off letting them help.

Despite the headache, they look yummy!