Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas goodies for the neighbors


I have been working for the last couple weeks on treats to give to three of our neighbors for Christmas. First, I made and froze sugar cookies. Then, my husband and I worked on chocolate-dipped toffee sprinkled pretzels. Next came the chocolate peanut butter cookies. Last were the coconut snowball cookies I made last night. I froze each thing as I went and then pulled them out today to assemble on each neighbor's plate. We will go as a family tonight to give them out. That is, if I'm brave enough to venture out. The high today is supposed to be nine. That's NINE degrees! Yikes, it's cold, and not even any snow to show for it!

2 comments:

Vegetation said...

Mmmmm they look great! (especially the chocolate covered ones, yum yum!)

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Hmm, Christmas goodies. That would be a good thing to tackle. Will I? Who knows? We had snow while we were in NE, and have snow here at home. Brian is spending all his free time on his new $18 snowboard he bought with his birthday money after trying his cousin's in NE. I'm furiously knitting on the last of the holiday gift knits. Sigh.