Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chik'n pot pie casserole


YUM. I made this for lunch today and it was ridiculously good. Especially satisfying for a cold, grey day like today. In addition, the girls loved it, and both had two portions. It took me about half an hour to make and was very easy. Next time, I'll replace the store-bought crescent biscuits with homemade, and I'll make my own gravy.

4 medium red potatoes, washed and diced into small pieces
3 large carrots, washed and cut into thin coins
1 can vegetarian chicken in broth (or may use substitute), diced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, washed and cut into thick slices
1/2 package store-bought vegan brown gravy
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
1/4 tsp savory seasoning
1 package refrigerated crescent roll dough, divided into eight pieces as per package directions. (the brand I found was vegan)

First, boil a pot of water. While it is heating, begin chopping up all the veggies. When the water is at a rolling boil, throw in the potatoes and carrots. Then, saute the mushrooms and onions until soft and onions clear. Prepare brown gravy per package directions and pour atop the mushrooms and onions. Also, add the vegetarian chicken and its broth. Mix well.

Mix all the ingredients in a large casserole dish, arrange the eight crescent rolls on top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I didn't know you had a recipe blog. It's so cool. I will try some of your recipe. I miss you. Your girls are getting so big. They are so cute!!!
Tiff

sherriet said...

This is killing me! I need t have breakfast before I stop by, lol.

I just gave you an award!