Monday, August 11, 2008

Fresh peach crisp


We bought a case of humongous, delicious peaches last week. They are so sweet and juicy. We have been enjoying them very much. When the girls eat one, I have them carry a towel around to hold under their chins or they end up spilling peach juice all over themselves and the house. Tonight, I made a peach crisp for dinner. My four year-old said, "Mommy, you're the best cook," and gave me a 'thumbs up.' Here's the recipe:

3 large peaches, sliced
3 cups quick oats
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup light trans-fat free margarine (like Smart Balance Light)
2 tbsp warm water
3 tbsp flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed

Place the peaches in the bottom of a small baking dish. Sprinkle the spices on top of them. Mix the oats, salt, margarine, water, and flour together until well-mixed. Spread atop the peaches. Bake in 350 degree oven for half an hour.

1 comment:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

What a GREAT blog! I just read most of it tonight and SOOO enjoyed it! I remember when my kids were toddlers... ahh... the days!
I noticed you use some recipes from "Vibrant Life" too - very cool! I've found quite a few that my family really likes! I'll definitely be bookmarking for future reference...