Sunday, July 20, 2008

Coconut toffee cake


This is the cake that I made for my dad's birthday a couple weeks ago. No, it's not vegan. It has like six eggs in it and the frosting is whipped cream. I've not yet tried the vegan cake recipe in Vegan Lunchbox but it's 0n my list of things to do. Maybe next time when I bake a cake, it'll be vegan. On top of the cake I put coconut and toffee chips. Between the layers is toffee chips, coconut and more whipped cream. It was pretty good, but I admit to being a novice baker. It did not turn out light and fluffy and I found out why when discussing it with my sister and mom. The conversation went like this:
"Well, did you beat the egg whites?" -my sister
"No, I just mixed it all up together."-me
"Oh, you have to beat the egg whites and then fold them into the mixture."-my mom
"Oh, ok I'll do that next time." -me
So...maybe it looked prettier than it tasted. It's a work in progress!

No comments: