Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hummus!

I went to make hummus today and found that all I had left in my jar of tahini was about 1 tbsp. Luckily, I had about 1/4 cup of sesame seeds in the freezer. My little girls absolutely loved this hummus. They had it for lunch today with toasted triangles of whole wheat bread, couscous, and a vegetable. My four year old said, "Mommy, this hummus is really good."

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 medium cloves raw garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup natural-strength lemon juice
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp olive oil

Process in blender until smooth.

I don't use any water and we love garlic. If you find that your blender has difficulty processing this, add a little more lemon juice and use the "pulse" button. This ends up being rather tart and heavy on the garlic. We like it that way!

No comments: