Saturday, June 7, 2008

Homemade bread


I purchased the book Vegan Lunchbox about a year ago and have made many, many recipes out of it. This bread is from the recipe for "Blue Ribbon Bread" in the book. It turned out a little dark this time as I accidentally set my oven a little too hot. However, still very good. The kids absolutely love this bread. I also made the vegan pot roast from the book this week and it turned out beautifully. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the pot roast simmering in the pan surrounded by carrots, mushrooms, celery, onion, and thyme. It was beautiful. My parents came over for dinner and my dad raved about it!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I've been flipping through my copy lately & settled on the pot roast & bread, too. Scary. eh? This will be my first seitan pot roast; I hope hubster likes it.