Sunday, June 29, 2008

Guacamole




Tacos. Aren't they great? Well, I think so, at least. Every time I make them, my husband and I end up saying, "Why don't we make these more often?" Tonight we had tacos and fruit for dinner. Here's what we put in them tonight:

Morningstar Farms griller burger crumbles (we use refried beans instead sometimes)
halved grape tomatoes
diced cucumber
sweet corn
sliced black olives
enchilada sauce
diced onion
guacamole

Lightly fry a corn tortilla shell (pan spray works great for this) and fill with your favorite toppings. Here's the guacamole recipe:

4 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup salsa
2 tsp finely minced fresh cilantro
pinch of cumin
The big plate was my husband's. The little plate and dish of rice is what my little girls ate. They don't do so well with tacos-it becomes a mess. It works well to give it all to them separately, though, which is what I did.

No comments: