Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chunky monkey bars


I made homemade "ice cream" bars today for the girls with my handy popsicle kit. I had run out of popsicle sticks, so just used some plastic utensils instead, which worked fine. The girls thought they were great. Anything called ice cream around here goes down pretty easy.
3 ripe bananas
2 cups soy or rice milk
2 tbsp of honey, or sweetener of choice
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
Blend in blender and then stir in chocolate sprinkles and/or chocolate chips. Pour into popsicle molds.

1 comment:

zerbert said...

Gotta love popsicles! I found that if you use bananas and coconut milk you get a nice flavor. And you can blend in steamed beets for a lovely color! I add other steamed veggies too, my toddler doesn't like eating her veggies. haha