Friday, May 30, 2008

Back problems and baking

I had back surgery just over a week ago after a lifting injury at work in the ICU. After a few painful days of recuperation, I was mostly back to normal and BORED! So, I've been doing more baking than usual: chocolate chip cookies, sourdough bread, Blue Ribbon bread with recipe from Vegan Lunchbox. I was disappointed in my sourdough. For one thing, it turned out sweet, not sour! Also, it was very heavy. I will search for another recipe. I liked the Blue Ribbon bread very much. Next time I make it, however, I will not divide the dough into three loaf pans like it says, but will just use two. It made three rather small loaves. Not sure what my next project will be but I'll bake or cook something new soon and post about it with photo here! The kids are doing great. We spend alot of time outside, which they love. One problem: I can't lift them into the swing and etc because of my back. They like it much better when daddy is here and they can do so much more. Happy Summer!

No comments: