Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stirfry with mock duck



My good friend Allan is Filipino and the most wonderful creator of stir-fry ever! I have learned a few tips from him along the way and this dish used some of the techniques he's shown me. My husband loved it! I didn't serve it to the kids as it was pretty spicy. They did, however, enjoy the noodles and other veggies I prepared for them. The mock duck was also a hit.





Stirfry with mock duck



One small onion, halved and sliced
1 cup cleaned and washed white mushrooms, cut into thick slices
1 small yellow squash, halved and sliced
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced

1 cup cabbage, washed and thinly sliced

one can mock duck, cut or torn into small pieces

sauce:

combine 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger, 3 tbsp catsup, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 cloves peeled and minced garlic, and 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce for chicken, set aside.

Stifry veggies with mock duck: Start with onions, carrots, squash, then add cabbage and mock dock. When onions are softening, add the sauce and stifry an additional two minutes. Serve over rice or wheat noodles.

*I bought the mock duck, noodles, and chili sauce at the oriental market.

No comments: