Thursday, March 13, 2008

A simple Wednesday meal

Most nights, we just eat very simply. The kids prefer it, and it saves me time in the kitchen. Tonight, I prepared a package of frozen stirfry veggies (snap pea blend) with some non-hydrogenated vegan margarine, garlic powder and soy sauce. We also ate some brown rice and tender bits. These are a Loma Linda canned veggie food product. I coated them in flour and nutritional yeast and lightly fried them. We also had coleslaw. I will post that recipe below. I need a food processor to make it better. It turned out a bit too large with just being chopped. My two year-old still has almost no appetite, but my four year-old ate well. Here's a picture of my 4 year-olds' plate and my husbands' plate. Just a no frills meal tonight.
Coleslaw
1/4 head of cabbage, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup vegenaise
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste

No comments: