Saturday, March 8, 2008

Maple fruit salad

The kids are hardly eating anything today because they are so exhausted and just not feeling well enough to do much but drink. So, I've been giving them fruit juices and water today. I made this fruit salad in hopes that it would be tempting enough for them to eat. My four year-old ate most of hers, but my two year-old didn't want anything for dinner. Later, she ate 3/4 of a veggie hotdog, and that was all she had to eat all evening. So, here's the fruit salad recipe. Of course, I forgot to take a picture but will post that the next time I make it.

1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
1 banana, diced
1 large apple, peeled and diced
1 fresh pear, washed and diced
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup grapes, washed and cut into halves

4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Walnut halves, optional

Mix the liquid ingredients together and then pour over the fruit and gently mix to cover. May top with the walnut halves.

No comments: