Friday, March 21, 2008

Cinnamon Raisin Cookies




Today, my four year-old wanted to make cookies. I found a recipe in an old book I've had since college and veganized it with great success. This are really some of the best cookies I've ever had. I used banana in place of egg and it worked well. The girls (and my husband and I) enjoyed these cookies with a glass of hemp milk. I'd never tried it before-it's good! I know the cookie isn't beautiful, but remember it was made with little four year-old and two year-old hands.

Recipe for cookies:

1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar (I used Florida Crystals)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 ripe banana, mashed well
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts, opt.

Mix sugar, oil, vanilla and banana well. Add dry ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 miutes or until golden in 350 degree oven.

No comments: