Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats

Tonight, we are having a party at my sisters' house. It's a potluck, actually. Last month, our theme was Japanese food. This week it is American. American vegetarian, that is. My sister is making veggie burgers and oven fries. I am making coleslaw, the rice crispy treats, and a green salad. Not sure what everyone else is making, but I think there will be some potato salad and a relish tray. It should be fun.


6 cups rice crispies cereal
1 8-ounce container of marshmallow fluff
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/8 cup canola oil
1/4 cup margarine
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and canola in one pot and marshmallow fluff, margarine, and vanilla in another. Stir both the entire time they are melting over medium-heat burner. Then, mix the marshmallow fluff mixture with the rice crispies and spread into the bottom of a casserole dish. Then, top with the chocolate peanut butter mixture. Cool in the refrigerator until they have set, cut into squares and serve. The marshmallow fluff I bought did not contain gelatin but it did contain egg whites. I think there is a vegan version out there, I'll have to keep looking around.

That picture did not turn out very well! Trust me, though, they tasted great!

No comments: