Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lentil Soup by Vegedaddy

I had to work today. What an INSANE day in the trauma ICU. My husband was home with the girls today and I came home to a clean house and a meal of lentil soup, whole wheat bread, and veggies. Often, I'll give my hubby some food ideas, but he does a great job all on his own too. I was surprised at how quickly the girls polished off their lentil soup and asked for more. Here's the recipe, but I'll warn you that it's all approximate as we don't do much measuring around here when it comes to creating soup.

Lentil Soup

1 small package dry lentils, sorted and rinsed
8 cups water
2 large carrots, cleaned and diced
1/2 a small onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 medium potatoes, diced
4 tbsp dry vegan chicken broth powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion salt
1 can petite diced tomatoes


Place the cleaned lentils and water in a large pot at medium heat

Add all veggies, spices, and veg. chicken broth powder

Cook until veggies and lentils are tender

I thought my husband did a great job: good soup! I'll post my recipe for Indian lentil soup sometime.

No comments: