Saturday, February 23, 2008

Super Easy One dish Mexican Meal


We were feeding three toddlers tonight as our little three year-old niece is here for her (and our) first ever sleep over. The kids have been having a blast! In any case, we are planning homemade popcorn and soy hot chocolate for later while we watch Mary Poppins, so I made a simple, not-too-heavy dinner.

For each Bowl:

3/4 cup brown rice
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 of an avocado, diced
1/4 cup sweet corn, from frozen
4 grape tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp mild salsa
1 tbsp vegan margarine (I use smart balance light)
1 tbsp diced cilantro
a pinch of salt

I already had the beans and rice on hand, so I just microwaved the beans, rice, and corn and then added the fresh ingredients. It got the toddler two thumbs up. My two year-old polished hers off and asked for more, the other girls ate almost all of it.

No comments: