Friday, February 15, 2008

A day in the life of my vegetarian toddlers

Breakfast:

Steel cut oats or millet with vegan margarine and maple syrup
blueberries (usually from frozen)
soy yogurt

Lunch:

brown rice
veggie chicken patty
broccoli
a whole fruit popsicle for dessert

Dinner:

whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce
lentil patties
salad or mixed vegetables
homemade fruit "ice cream"

The kids also get snacks twice a day:

Usually rice milk and then fruit or sunflower seed butter on bread or crackers

I still give the kids eggs on occasion and my older daughter will occasionally eat some dairy. (Trying to get away from it completely.) My younger daughter is highly intolerant to dairy. Now, I just have to convince my husband to be vegan. As he was a meat-eater when we first got married, vegetarianism in itself has been a big change.

No comments: